15-Aug-2019, Ad#: 18247, Views: 2307
Category: Media / PR / Events
Regional Manager Neighboring Provinces (Fulltime)
German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai
The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Peoples Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With more than 1500 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion in East China.
To strengthen our team as early as possible, we are looking for an experienced and committed
Regional Manager Neighboring Provinces
in the department of Chamber Affairs
- Responsible to fulfill all assigned duties of the Regional Manager Neighboring Provinces of the German Chamber of Commerce. Acting as the main contact person for members of the German Chamber in the neighboring provinces requires meeting members as well as non-members and leading the event team to organize events in the neighboring provinces. In this function the holder has to coordinate and to supervise the team in the provinces and report to the Executive Chamber Manager.
- Most important aims during this work are to position the German Chamber within the Chinese and German market as an important partner in China as well as to take care of the existing members and increase the number of new members.
- Steer the strategic development of the German Chambers engagement in the provinces, set up and implement organizational structures in the provinces including a reporting system.
- Act as the central contact person for all concerns of our clients from the neighboring provinces, including visa issues, legal issues as well as the strategic development of event formats in the Jiangsu and Zhejiang Province.
- Close coordination with the other departments in the office is therefore required to maintain a professional handling.
- Provide leadership for planning, implementation and controlling of all ongoing projects.
- Show diplomatic sensitiveness in handling clients, especially official departments.
- Assure the handling within the time frame by following the guidelines of the office management and act on own initiative to achieve the best results.
- Support for other German Chamber projects as needed.
- Acting as the main contact person requires leading the event team to organize workshops, business seminars, chamber meetings and other events that will be held in the neighboring provinces. Most important aim during this work is to provide a broad portfolio of regular business events for the members of the German Chamber of Commerce (30+ Events). In this task the Regional Manager will be supported by Project Manager Regions, which reports directly to the Regional Manager.
For more detail information, please refers our website.
- German native speaker
- Fluent in German and English is a must, Chinese is a plus.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel frequently. Flexible working hours including working outside the regular working hours at events.
- Good organizational skills.
- Highly detail-oriented, as a lot of information will be sent out to the public. Strong analysis skills for working procedures.
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to speak and present in front of larger groups with high confidence.
- Very good personal and social skills, such as diplomatic, intercultural and social competency.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, especially senior levels of management & government.
- High level of personal integrity, reliability and interpersonal skills. Strong communication, presentation and selling skills.
- Ability to work independently will be required to achieve individual tasks. Teamwork will be required for working together in order to achieve important deadlines.
- Be able to input ideas and suggestions for improvements within the role, the department and the business.
- Maintain regular contact with individuals who depend on or who influence their own work.
- The post holder must be able to take the initiative to solve problems within the scope of their role. If escalation is required, the post holder must take ownership and ensure resolution of the problem.
German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai
|Please mention "Workster.com Ad#18247" in your cover letter when applying for this position. |